The awarding of all NSPE Education Foundation scholarships is dependent on NSPE Education Foundation funds being available in the annual cycle in which the NSPE Education Foundation scholarship is awarded. If you have specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application and attachments must be received no later than June 15, 2021.
- Applications can be filed electronically to email@example.com (this includes completed application form, letters of recommendation, and other supporting materials)
- Official transcripts and recommendation letters may also be mailed to:
NSPE Education Foundation
The George B. Hightower, P.E. Fellowship
1420 King St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
The NSPE Education Foundation George B. Hightower, P.E. Fellowship is awarded annually to a current engineering undergraduate or graduate student who is enrolled in, or graduated from, an ABET-accredited engineering program.
The scholarship is awarded in one disbursement of $3,000 at the beginning of the Fall semester.
Applicant must be:
- An NSPE Member/Student Member;
- An engineering undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled in, or a graduate from, an ABET-accredited engineering program;
- A U.S. citizen
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Grade point average;
- Internship/co-op experience and involvement in other activities;
- Two faculty recommendations;
- Honors/scholarships/awards beginning in high school senior year;
- A 500 word (maximum) essay on applicant’s "Engineering Career Goals & Aspirations to Achieve Them."
Required Application Materials
Applications must include the following:
- A completed application form with the NSPE Student Member number;
- A transcript, to date;
- A resume or summary of internship/co-op experience(s) and involvement in other activities;
- Recommendations from two faculty members;
- A 500-word (maximum) essay on applicant’s "Engineering Career Goals & Aspirations to Achieve Them.”
- All applicants will be notified of the final selection by July 10th
- The Fellowship award will be disbursed to the recipient’s school in one installment for the next Fall semester.
Upon completion of the degree, the winner will be required to submit to the NSPE Education Foundation Trustees a report on the value of the NSPE support and the winner’s objectives regarding professional development, ethical practice, and licensure.