The awarding of all NSPE Education Foundation scholarships is dependent on NSPE Education Foundation funds being available in the annual cycle in which the NSPE Education Foundation scholarship is awarded. If you have specific questions, please email email@example.com.
- Applications can be filed electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org (this includes completed application form, letters of recommendation, and other supporting materials)
Official transcripts may be mailed to:
The NSPE Auxiliary Legacy Scholarship
1420 King St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
The NSPE Education Foundation Auxiliary Legacy Scholarship is awarded annually to a female undergraduate entering the junior year of a four-year ABET-accredited engineering program.
The scholarship is awarded in one disbursement of $2,500 at the beginning of the junior year.
Applicant must be an NSPE Member/Student Member who is:
- A female;
- Enrolled in a four-year ABET-accredited engineering program;
- Entering the junior year of the program;
- A U.S. citizen
- Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Grade point average;
- Internship/co-op experience and involvement in other activities;
- Two faculty recommendation(s);
- Honors/scholarships/awards beginning in high school senior year;
- A 500 word (maximum) essay on your "Engineering Career Goals & Aspirations to Achieve Them."
Required Application Materials
- Applications must include the following:
- A completed application form with the NSPE Student Member number;
- A transcript, to date;
- A resume or summary of internship/co-op experience(s) and involvement in other activities;
- Recommendations from two faculty members who have taught the applicant ;
- A 500-word (maximum) essay on your "Engineering Career Goals & Aspirations to Achieve Them.
- The scholarship award will be disbursed to the recipient's school in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester of the junior year.
- Upon completion of the degree, the winner will be asked to submit to the NSPE Education Foundation Trustees a report on the value of the NSPE support and their objectives regarding professional development, ethical practice, and licensure.
- The NSPE Education Foundation Auxiliary Legacy Scholarship winner will forfeit receipt of the scholarship award if the recipient does not complete the year as agreed.