The awarding of all NSPE Educational Foundation scholarships is dependent on NSPE Educational Foundation funds being available in the annual cycle in which the NSPE Educational Foundation scholarship is awarded. If you have specific questions, please email email@example.com.
From a recent issue of PE
“After Graduation, Steinman Scholar Puts New Career in Drive”
When Blake Biederstedt began college, he knew the job market was going to be competitive and a good engineering education would give him a leading edge.
Read the full article.
- Applications can be filed electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org (this includes completed application form, letters of recommendation, and other supporting materials)
Official transcripts may be mailed to:
The Steinman Scholarship
1420 King St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Steinman Scholarship is awarded annually to one (1) current undergraduate entering the junior year in a four-year ABET-accredited engineering program. The award is for $5000.
Applicants must be students who:
- Are currently enrolled in good standing in a four-year ABET accredited engineering program;
- Will be entering the junior year in the fall;
- Are U.S. citizens
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Grade point average;
- Internship/co-op experience and involvement in other activities;
- Faculty recommendation(s);
- Ethics essay.
Required Application Materials
Applications must include the following:
- A completed application;
- A resume or summary of internship/co-op experience(s) and involvement in other activities;
- Recommendations from faculty members who have taught the applicant (at least one recommendation is required—additional recommendations will receive consideration)
- A 500-word (maximum) essay on "The Importance of Ethics in the Practice of Engineering;"
- Official transcript from the current academic program.
- Application deadline is March 1;
- All applicants will be notified of the final selection by May 31;
- The scholarship award will be disbursed to the recipient's school in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester of the junior year;
- Upon completion of the degree, the winner will be asked to submit to the NSPE Educational Foundation Trustees a report on the value of the NSPE support and their objectives regarding professional development, ethical practice, and licensure;
- An NSPE Educational Foundation Steinman Scholarship winner will forfeit receipt of the scholarship award if the recipient does not complete the year as agreed.