- Applications can be filed electronically to email@example.com (this includes completed application form, letters of recommendation, and other supporting materials)
Official transcripts may be mailed to:
The Steinman Scholarship
1420 King St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Steinman Scholarship is awarded annually to one (1) current undergraduate entering the junior year in a four-year ABET-accredited engineering program. The award is for $5000.
Applicants must be students who:
- Are currently enrolled in good standing in a four-year ABET accredited engineering program;
- Will be entering the junior year in the fall;
- Are U.S. citizens
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Grade point average;
- Internship/co-op experience and involvement in other activities;
- Faculty recommendation(s);
- Ethics essay.
Required Application Materials
Applications must include the following:
- A completed application;
- A resume or summary of internship/co-op experience(s) and involvement in other activities;
- Recommendations from faculty members who have taught the applicant (at least one recommendation is required—additional recommendations will receive consideration)
- A 500-word (maximum) essay on "The Importance of Ethics in the Practice of Engineering;"
- Official transcript from the current academic program.
- Application deadline is March 1;
- All applicants will be notified of the final selection by May 31;
- The scholarship award will be disbursed to the recipient's school in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester of the junior year;
- Upon completion of the degree, the winner will be asked to submit to the NSPE Educational Foundation Trustees a report on the value of the NSPE support and their objectives regarding professional development, ethical practice, and licensure;
- An NSPE Educational Foundation Steinman Scholarship winner will forfeit receipt of the scholarship award if the recipient does not complete the year as agreed.