Segment 1: New Year’s Resolutions
- Send your engineering project article ideas to Danielle, and help her with her resolution.
- Read the “Good Sports” PE magazine article that highlights a Nashville engineering firm’s sports facilities projects.
- Check out the “2016 PE Resolutions” feature article, including seven tips from NSPE member Austin Lin, E.I.T., on how you can give back to the engineering profession.
- Read the “Power Up Your Professionalism” PE cover feature.
- Listen to the bonus podcast episode with NSPE President Kodi Verhalen, P.E., Esq., F.NSPE.
- Share your professional resolutions at firstname.lastname@example.org or discuss them on NSPE Communities.
Segment 2: News and Info
- The EPA emphasizes the key role of PEs in hazardous waste management.
- An NSPE report provides a comprehensive look at how state laws define “the practice of engineering.”
- Explore recent developments on qualifications-based selection with an online map that provides state-by-state details on legislation addressing QBS.
- The Virginia Society of Professional Engineers opposes additional licenses for home inspections.
- Vermont pursues mandatory continuing education for professional engineers.
Segment 3: EWeek Preview
- Future City is celebrating its 25th anniversary with 25 voices from the competition’s past and present.
- Find showtimes and DiscoverE programs for the film Dream Big: Engineering Our World.
- Access info and resources for Engineers Week, and learn more about Discover Engineering Family Day at the National Building Museum.
- DiscoverE is holding a webinar on January 25 for volunteers to learn more about how to engage during Engineers Week and beyond.
Segment 4: Federal Engineer of the Year
- Find all the details on this year’s Federal Engineer of the Year Award and nominees.
- Check out the highlight video from the 2016 ceremony and our interview with Steven Arndt, P.E., F.NSPE, following his selection as the 2012 FEYA winner.
Segment 5: NSPE Honor Awards
- Nominations for this year’s honor awards (NSPE Award, Distinguished Service, and Young Engineer of the Year) are being accepted until January 31.
- Listen to the interview with Jason Stith, P.E., NSPE’s 2016 Young Engineer of the Year, in our September 2016 podcast.
Segment 6: Engineering in Culture
Send us feedback at email@example.com.