Our annual November episode focuses on giving and giving back. We discuss gift ideas for engineers as well as for kids to get them interested in engineering. We also highlight some ways that listeners can give back during this holiday season.
Ideas for Kids
- Mighty Girl is a great resource for kid’s engineering gift ideas.
- Find engineering related apps, toys, books, and games for kids and teenagers in Purdue University’s 2018 Engineering Gift Guide.
- Boxes from Tinker Crate are always a great gift idea, as we mentioned on last year’s gift guide podcast.
- Check out our 2016 gift guide episode for even more ideas!
Ideas for Adults
- Access engineering gift ideas on the Gift Lab and Geek Wrapped websites.
- Raspberry Pi – Learn to program with this simple, affordable computer.
- Check out the Scientifics Online Geek Shop for some great ideas for scientists and engineers.
- The NSPE Educational Foundation is committed to the future of the engineering profession, and you can give back and donate to support scholarships for deserving students.
- With your generous support of the Protect the PE Fund, NSPE can successfully advocate for the protection of engineering licensure and against efforts to undermine the value of the PE license, as well as many other issues.
- NSPE’s Legal Fund provides financial assistance in key legal cases impacting the profession, and you can help achieve their mission by donating to the fund.
Read more about how the NSPE Steinman Scholarship helped support a young engineer’s educational pursuits.
Email thoughts and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.