Segment 1: News and Updates
- View the recap of the 2017 Professional Engineers Conference highlights and mark your calendar for the 2018 event.
- Read all about this year’s Professional Engineers Day success and plan to join the next event on August 1, 2018.
- NSPE’s Action on Issues page on autonomous vehicles highlights the Society’s work in this area.
Segment 2: Interview with Nadir Yilmaz, P.E., PhD, F.NSPE, 2017 Engineering Education Excellence Award winner
- Read the PE magazine interview in the Sept/Oct 17 issue.
- View the current map of threats to licensure and get more information about what’s happening in your state.
Segment 3: Interview with Stony Brook University Chapter President Christina Rajbahar
- Access information about student membership in NSPE.
- See the current list of student chapters of NSPE and learn how to establish one.
- Read the PE magazine feature article “Prepping for Professionalism” which highlights how NSPE student chapters are playing an important role in preparing the next generation of engineering professionals.
Segment 4: Interesting Innovations
- Learn more about the DIY Girls program and read about the innovative solar-powered tent.
- Access the American Society for Engineering Education’s “Engineering by the Numbers” 2016.
- Read “Changing Faces,” about the increase of Hispanic engineers and roadblocks that remain, from the February 2013 issue of PE magazine.
Segment 5: Engineering in Pop Culture
- Hear the podcast team discuss Rosie Revere, Engineer and other books by Andrea Beaty in the 2016 Engineering Gift Guide.
- Visit Beaty’s website for information about her books, downloadable content, resources for teachers, and more.
- Access the list of engineering-focused books on A Mighty Girl.
- View the list of 2017 Best STEM Books K–12 and learn more about the selection process.
- Learn about the young readers edition of Hidden Figures.
- Read some of the past PE magazine articles on engineering-focused books for kids.
Email thoughts and feedback to email@example.com.