Spread the Cheer. EWeek’s Almost Here.
WHAT: Engineers Week, founded by NSPE in 1951
WHEN: February 18–24
THE THEME: “Engineers: Inspiring Wonder”
HOW TO JOIN THE FUN:
- Find a creative way to celebrate how engineers make a difference in our world.
- Talk about the need for engineers.
- Bring engineering to life for kids, educators, and parents.
- Order an Engineers Week volunteer kit with poster, classroom activities, and other resources.
- Participate in an EWeek event in your area. See www.discovere.org/our-programs/upcoming-events.
ENGINEERS WEEK EVENTS:
Family Day, National Building Museum, Washington, DC
This hands-on, mega-celebration of engineering draws more than 6,000 people.
Future City Competition Finals
Operating in 37 regions, the Future City program works with over 1,100 schools and reaches 33,000 students in a semester-long program.
Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day
Started in 2001 as a joint effort between NSPE, IBM, and the National Engineers Week Foundation, “Girl Day” 2018 marks the 17th year of a special focus whereby women engineers, and their male colleagues, introduce more than one million girls and young women to engineering.
Designed to be an interactive event, the Global Marathon encourages women to engage and ask questions through live internet chat, webcasts, and phone calls.
Get the latest details at www.discovere.org.