The PE Institute has a catalog of live educational events, webinars, and conferences for the professional engineer. As engineering disciplines become more specialized, continuing education becomes more crucial to managing a rising career. Online webinars and conferences can help PEs stay current on a variety of topics. All events provided by NSPE, its state societies, and partners are available to members at a discount.
Browse live events by topic:
|Business Development||Career Development||Ethics||Technical||Young Engineers|
Interested in Presenting a Webinar?
PE Institute webinars are an effective way to engage engineering professionals on crucial educational topics and emerging issues. These sessions provide participants with best practices, effective solutions, and quality resources that help them advance in their careers.
These courses are available for free to NSPE members to conveniently view from the comfort of your home or office. Viewers may earn credits by viewing the webinars and passing a quiz. Upon successful completion of each session quiz with a passing score of 70% or higher, the quiz taker will receive an attendance certificate with the appropriate credits (PDHs) earned for that session. PDHs are recognized by most U.S. states including Florida.
Since states have varying requirements on what is accepted, NSPE has put together a chart of state continuing education requirements for professional engineers.
All available courses include the opportunity to complete a quiz that, upon successful completion, will earn you an attendance certification that indicates the appropriate Professional Development Hours (PDHs) earned. PDHs from the NSPE free courses are recognized by most U.S. states including Florida. (We are approved for both general and ethics PDH in Florida.)
2022 Free Courses
* indicates this particular webinar has been approved through NY Practicing Institute of Engineering (PIE)
- Canon 1, NSPE Code of Ethics for Engineers: “Hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public
- Climate Action for Engineers Series: ACC Overview *
- Climate Action for Engineers Series: Categories of Action *
- Cyber Security Essentials *
- Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Engineering Ethics – Objectivity and Truthfulness, Public Health and Safety, Signing and Sealing of Engineering Drawings and Misrepresentation *
- Engineering Ethics Conflicts of Interest, Licensure, Confidentiality and Public Criticism *
- Engineering Leadership Success by Design
- Ethics in our Changing World *
- Fire Protection Engineering in Property Risk Management *
- Negotiate It! How to Crush Your Fears, Develop Your Negotiation Muscle, and Gain Power in the Workplace
- The Physics of the Yellow Traffic Signal *
- Too Many Crashes at Your Roundabout? Learn Design Technique *
- Tools to Ensure Effective Litigation Preparation
- Turn Your Ideas Into Gold
Not a Member? Join Today!
If you're a PE or on the path to becoming licensed, you're probably eligible for membership. Join today and save when you register for courses.
Education and Experience Requirements for Professional Engineers
A summary of the legal requirements in all states, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico. This resource allows NSPE members, state societies, professional engineers, and the public a better understand of the laws and regulations that define the educational and experience requirements for the professional engineer.
NSPE State-by-State Summary of Continuing Education Requirements for Professional Engineers
NSPE has put together a chart of the state continuing education requirements for professional engineers. To find out about licensure requirements, dates and locations of licensure exams, contact your state/territory licensure board.
Important Education Links
- Education and Experience Requirements for Professional Engineers
- Continuing Education Requirements
- On-Demand Courses
- On-Demand Help and Support
- PE/FE Exam Preparation
- Professional Development Providers