The PE Institute has a catalog of live educational events, webinars, and conferences for the professional engineer. As engineering disciplines become more specialized, continuing education becomes more crucial to managing a rising career. Online webinars and conferences can help PEs stay current on a variety of topics. All events provided by NSPE, its state societies, and partners are available to members at a discount.
|Featured Educational Events|
National Academy of Forensic Engineers (NAFE) January 2019 Meeting
January 4–6, 2019
National Academy of Building Inspection Engineers (NABIE) 2019 Annual Conference
March 1–3, 2019
|» View All Live Educational Events|
Browse live events by topic:
|Business Development||Career Development||Ethics||Technical||Young Engineers|
These courses are available for free to NSPE members to conveniently view from the comfort of your home or office. Viewers may earn credits by viewing the webinars and passing a quiz. Upon successful completion of each session quiz with a passing score of 70% or higher, the quiz taker will receive an attendance certificate with the appropriate credits (PDHs) earned for that session. PDHs are recognized by most U.S. states including Florida.
* indicates this particular webinar has been approved through NY Practicing Institute of Engineering (PIE)
Since states have varying requirements on what is accepted, NSPE has put together a chart of state continuing education requirements for professional engineers.
All available courses include the opportunity to complete a quiz that, upon successful completion, will earn you an attendance certification that indicates the appropriate Professional Development Hours (PDHs) earned. PDHs from the NSPE free courses are recognized by most U.S. states including Florida.
2018 Free Courses
- 10 Strategies to Motivate, Inspire, and Engage your Team for Results
- Best Practices to Communicate Clearly Through Writing
- Closing the Soft Skills Gap in Engineering Practice Webinar
- Critically Thinking for Engineers
- Engineering Ethics: Objectivity and Truthfulness *
- Ethics and Engineering *
- Going Digital: Digital Signatures and Digital Document Delivery *
- Growing Into a Strategic Role within Your Company
- How to Develop the Engineering Leader Inside of You
- Introduction to MicroGrids for Commercial and Humanitarian Needs*
- Engineering Ethics: Signing and Sealing of Documents *
- Licensure Under Attack
- New Approach to Engineering Marketing: How to Future-Proof Your Firm
- Engineering Ethics: Public Health, Safety, and Welfare *
- Self-Driving Cars: An Examination of Ethical Issues at the Micro and Macro Scale *
Not a Member? Join Today!
If you're a PE or on the path to becoming licensed, you're probably eligible for membership. Join today and save when you register for courses.
Education and Experience Requirements for Professional Engineers
A summary of the legal requirements in all states, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico. This resource allows NSPE members, state societies, professional engineers, and the public a better understand of the laws and regulations that define the educational and experience requirements for the professional engineer.
NSPE State-by-State Summary of Continuing Education Requirements for Professional Engineers
NSPE has put together a chart of the state continuing education requirements for professional engineers. To find out about licensure requirements, dates and locations of licensure exams, contact your state/territory licensure board.
Important Education Links
- Education and Experience Requirements for Professional Engineers
- Continuing Education Requirements
- On-Demand Courses
- On-Demand Help and Support
- PE/FE Exam Preparation
- Professional Development Providers