NSPE has a new app! The NSPE App houses multiple conference events within one app. You only need to download one app to access an archive of conference events at the palm of your hands.
App Download Instructions: Download the free app now!
Step 1: Download the NSPE app. Search the keyword "NSPE" on the App Store or Google Play.
- Apple Store URL: Please click here to download the application
- Google Play URL: Please click here to download the application
- Web App URL: Please click here to access the web application
- Use the QR Code at the bottom of this webpage
- Click on one of the icons to take you directly to the store:
Step 2: Open the NSPE app. You will need to login using the e-mail address you use on the website. Search for the Event. Scroll through the list on the "Upcoming" tab to find 2018PECON or enter 2018PECON in the search box. Click the event download.
Step 3: Open the Event. Once the event is downloaded, it will appear in the "My Events" tab. Click the event to launch!
You will not be able to open the app unless you are a confirmed registrant for the 2018 Professional Engineers Conference.
Use the app for easy access to all the 2018 Professional Engineers Conference information. The app provides you with access to a wide variety of event information - including schedules, speakers, abstracts, sponsors, maps, Twitter feeds, and much more. Also you'll be able to build your personal calendar, access the audience polling system and particpate in real time!
App Features and Icon Legend
You'll see many different icons throughout the app. Learn how they can help you. Below is an overivew to help you navigate the app. This overview is also available on the app when you click on the "App Features" icon on the home screen.
A compilation of your favorite items and any notes you have taken. Simply click the bookmark icon on the attendees, speakers, or sponsors details page to add the item to the My Favorites module.
Simply click the "+" button to input personal agenda items in the My Calendar module.Click the printer icon for a print-friendly schedule. Manage and plan your schedule by adding your favorite activities to your own personal calendar. Add items to your phone calendar for personal reminders.
View the attendee list and connect with an attendee using attendee chat - explained below.
Be social with attendee chat and enhance your conference experience by maximizing networking opportunities. Messages are private and if you wish to delete any chat history.
Follow these steps to chat: Sign In > Click the widget wheel at the top right and turn Chat On> Click Send Message > Select a Recipient > Chat!
NSPE will be conducting an NSPE Educational Foundation fundraiser. Donate now to provide general support to the NSPE Educational Foundation to fulfill its vision to be a major source of support for the educational and ethical practice needs of engineering students, engineering teachers, and practicing professionals.
Discover the location, contact information, WIFI access, and overall summary of the event.
Log into Facebook to share updates through the app or view the event Facebook page.
Log into Instagram to share photos and videos through the app or view the NSPE Instagram page.
View maps to help you navigate the event. Use the interactive map to find exhibitor booths and session rooms.
Claiming your PDHs is easy when you use the PDH Claimer available through the 2018PECON App. From the app, just click on the PDH Claimer to get started at the end of the conference.
Follow these steps to claim your PDHs:
- At the end of the conference, visit the PDH Claimer in your 2018PECON app.
- Click on “Thursday” and/or “Friday” to see all of the sessions offered on each day, as well as the PDH amount for each session.
- Place a checkmark next to each session you attended (one session per time slot.)
- When you filled out both days, or the days you attended, click the “Submit PDHs” button at the bottom of your screen.
- After you have submitted your PDHs, you will have links to the Print Summary (this is a summary of all sessions you attended, and the total amount of PDHs earned), or to print a certificate for individual sessions (one certificate per session, see the “print” link next to each session in your summary) details.
- If a session has been NY approved, the individual certificate for that session will include the PIE logo and the course number.
Find session times and locations. Take notes about the session and take polls or surveys to share your feedback.
Find speakers along with their summaries and sessions. Use chat to connect with speakers at this year's conference.
Find sponsor descriptions, contact information, and social media links. See the various sponsorship levels: Platinum; Gold; Bronze; Supporting Sponsor; Conference Sponsor; and, Exhibitor Table Top.
Follow a specific track for categorized like-minded sessions. This year's conference has an Education track, a Leadership & Risk Management track, and a Governance track for NSPE leadership and governance activities.
Use the conference hashtag #PECON18 to tweet live from the app, or simply view a stream of event-related tweets.
Simply scan the QR code with your smart devices and the code will direct you to the store.
How does it work?
There are applications that can be downloaded which enable your mobile device to scan (for iPhone and for Android) a QR code.
Once your phone is enabled, simply scan it and you’ll be linked to the store to download the app.