NSPE membership comes with a long list of benefits, and it’s getting longer thanks to input we’ve received from you.
In early 2015, NSPE solicited survey responses from approximately 25,000 current and former NSPE members for whom we had a valid e-mail address. There were many purposes to this survey, but one was to find out from respondents what activities should be the primary responsibility of the national, state, and local tiers within the NSPE membership structure. Of the 2,000 respondents to the survey, 82% wanted to see research and publications from the national level of NSPE. I am happy to report that NSPE is actively responding to this feedback!
In the first six months of this fiscal year (July 2016 to June 2017), NSPE has published the following reports and made them available to NSPE members only:
- Definitions of the Practice of Engineering: A State-By-State Summary
- Exemptions to Engineering Licensure Laws: A State-By-State Summary
NSPE is in the process of developing new publications and updating existing ones of interest to our members:
- 50-State Survey of Continuing Education Requirements for Professional Engineers
- Board of Ethical Review Cases
- Forthcoming Ethics-in-a-Box Teaching and Learning Materials
- Forthcoming 50-State Survey of Qualifications for Licensure
- Forthcoming The Next 100 Years of Professional Engineering
NSPE is also reviewing other topics that may be of interest to our members. If you have ideas for consideration, head on over to Communities and get involved in the conversation!
Published January 12, 2017 by Kodi Verhalen, P.E., ESQ., F.NSPE, President 2016–17