Hotel and Travel
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown
Featuring an ideal location in Center City, the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, a Marriott hotel, provides easy access to downtown Philadelphia's many historic attractions and art museums, including:
- the Franklin Institute (3 blocks);
- Independence Mall (including Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and Visitor Center) is 1 mile away;
- Philadelphia Museum of Art (1 mile away);
- Pennsylvania Convention Center (3 blocks);
- the Academy of Natural Sciences (2 blocks); and,
- the Barnes Foundation Museum (5 blocks).
The Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown features new meeting spaces and state-of-the-art fitness center. In addition to a prime location, the hotel offers comfortable, spacious accommodations and several on-site dining options. Walk to trendy downtown dining, explore Love Park or see the Liberty Bell.
Make Your Hotel Reservations
- The 2022 Professional Engineers Conference room rate is $169 USD/night.
- Make your online reservations here when the room block rate becomes available.
Hotel Map & Directions
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown (Get Hotel Driving Directions)
201 North 17th Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Airport Phone: +1 215-937-6937
- Hotel direction: 7 miles SW
- This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Estimated taxi fare: 32 USD (one way)
- Airport Website
- Driving directions: From Philadelphia International Airport : Upon exiting the airport, follow I-76 West/Route 291 towards Central Philadelphia. >> Follow route 291 over the bridge. >> Take a left at the traffic light onto 26th Street. >> Continue on 26th Street for .8 mile, which becomes I-76 West. >> Follow I-76 West to Exit #345 (30th Street Station Exit). >> Turn left at the second light onto Market Street. >>Follow Market Street for 6 blocks to 36th Street. Turn left on 36th Street. >> The hotel parking garage entrance will be 1 block ahead on the left.
- Note: The best, least expensive, means of getting to the hotel from the airport may be via the SEPTA Airport Line direct from Airport to Suburban Station, then walk four blocks (0.3 miles or 6 minutes,) The fare is $6.50.
36 S 19th St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Phone: +1 215-387-3823
2951 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Phone: +1 800-654-3131
National Car Rental
30th Station, 2950 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Phone: +1 215-567-1760
30 Street Station
The closest subway station is Suburban Station.
(If you are travelling from out of town, you will likely go through 30th station, but it’s not really walkable to the hotel from there. You'll have to transfer by subway to Suburban Station and walk from there.)
View the Regional Rail & Rail Transit Line Map.
30th Street Station
On-site Parking Rates
- On-site parking, fee: 35 USD daily.
The average weather in August in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has daily high temperatures decrease by 4°F, from 86°F to 82°F, rarely falling below 74°F or exceeding 93°F..
- August average high temperature: 87 degrees Fahrenheit
- August average low temperature: 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Hottest month overall: July
- In Philadelphia, the chance of a wet day over the course of August is very rapidly decreasing, starting the month at 36% and ending it at 28%.
- The chance that a given day will be muggy in Philadelphia is very rapidly decreasing during August, falling from 58% to 36% over the course of the month.
The dress code for the 2022 Professional Engineers Conference is business casual (e.g., slacks, casual dresses) up to business formal (e.g., neckties, business suits). Meeting room temperatures will vary, so wear layered clothing to ensure your personal comfort. We also recommend attendees wear comfortable shoes. Please note that certain events may have specific details on attire, and you should refer to the event for more information.
Credit: Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown