From July 17–21 at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown, Kansas City, Missouri, NSPE members enjoyed an exciting week full of exceptional education programs, speakers, and great networking.
Here are the conference highlights...
Education & Presentations
If you were in attendance at this year's conference, check into the 2019 PE Conference Community within the NSPE Communities for access to presentations from speakers and updates on PDH credits.
This year the following courses were approved by The Practicing Institute of Engineering, or PIE, for New York State professional development hours (PDHs):
- A Comparison of Collaborative Delivery Methods;
- Engineering Ethics & the Law;
- Ghost in the Machine: A Workshop on Engineering and Emerging Technology;
- Rainfall Runoff Modeling for Small Watersheds;
- Replacement of the Gateway Arch Tram's MG Sets;
- Smart Cities and their Effect on Engineers; and,
- VR, BIM, Block Chain… What Do They Mean for Your Construction Project?
2019 NSPE Award Winners
Congratulations to NSPE's award winners, recognized for their many years of work, service, and dedication to the profession, who this year include:
- NSPE Award
- NSPE Distinguished Service Award
- NSPE Young Engineer of the Year Award
- Engineering Education Excellence Award
- PEGASUS Award
- PEPP Award Winner
Board of Directors, 2019–20
The new 2019–20 Board of Directors has been installed—a talented group to lead NSPE into the future.
Photo Collection and Video
Photos are available for downloading & sharing when you visit NSPE's Flickr account. If you plan to reproduce the photos anywhere other than personal use, please credit NSPE.
PDH Claimer for Conference Attendees!
Claiming your PDHs is easy when you use the PDH Claimer! There are two ways to access the PDH Claimer to verify courses you attended and print/download your certificates. This can be done from your computer or from the app.
Follow these steps to claim your PDHs:
- From any computer, access the PDH Claimer over the Internet. You will be prompted to log in using your NSPE login credentials..
- Click on “Thursday” and/or “Friday” to see all of the sessions offered on each day, as well as the PDH amount for each session.
- Place a checkmark next to each session you attended (one session per time slot.)
- When you filled out both days, or the days you attended, click the “Submit PDHs” button at the bottom of your screen.
- After you have submitted your PDHs, you will have links to the Print Summary (this is a summary of all sessions you attended, and the total amount of PDHs earned), or to print a certificate for individual sessions (one certificate per session, see the “print” link next to each session in your summary) details.
- If a session has been NY approved, the individual certificate for that session will include the PIE logo and the course number.
Conference Attendee Justification Toolkit
Justifying attendance at conferences can be tough. Below is a letter template you can use to help justify your attendance at 2019 PE Conference. Simply edit the document and fill in the highlighted portions into the word document or copy it into an email.
> Justification Letter
> Budget Planning Sheet
Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn
2020 Professional Engineers Conference: See you in Philadelphia!
Save the Date! Mark you calendar now and be sure to be there for the 2020 Professional Engineers Conference, August 12–16, 2020, Philadelphia, PA.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
2019 Professional Engineers Conference
2020 Professional Engineers Conference
August 12–16, 2020
2019 Professional Engineers Conference, July 17–21 held in Kansas City, Missouri, at Kansas City Marriott Downtown
2018 Professional Engineers Conference, July 18–22 held in Las Vegas, at Caesars Palace