From July 18–22 in Las Vegas, at Caesars Palace, NSPE members enjoyed an exciting week full of exceptional education programs, speakers, and great networking.
Here are the conference highlights...
Education & Presentations
If you were in attendance at this year's conference, check into the 2018 PE Conference Community within the NSPE Communities for access to presentations from speakers and updates on PDH credits.
This year the following courses were approved by The Practicing Institute of Engineering, or PIE, for New York State professional development hours (PDHs):
- Advancing 21st Century Solutions for Highway Construction (PENDING APPROVAL);
- Beyond the Smart Grid;
- Dam Safety: Methods used to Identify Risk of Failure Pt 1;
- Dam Safety: Methods Used to Identify Risk of Failure Pt 2 (PENDING APPROVAL);
- Drones: The Sky's the Limit (PENDING APPROVAL);
- Ethics, Forensics, and the PE (PENDING APPROVAL);
- Hurricane Engineering Response (PENDING APPROVAL);
- Lessons Learned from Anacortes Refinery Explosions (PENDING APPROVAL);
- Mine Subsidence Engineering;
- The Role of the PE in Federal Waters (PENDING APPROVAL); and,
- Winds of Changes-Electric Transmission.
2018 NSPE Award Winners
Congratulations to NSPE's award winners, recognized for their many years of work, service, and dedication to the profession, who this year include:
- Young Engineer of the Year Award
- NSPE Distinguished Service Award
QBS Award Winner (State Government)
- Town of Buckland, MA
QBS Award Winner (Federal Government)
- The US Department of State, Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO)
PEPP Award Winner
- David S. Thaler, P.E., L.S., DFE, D.WRE, F.ASCE, F.NSPE
Board of Directors, 2018–19
The new 2018–19 Board of Directors has been installed—a talented group to lead NSPE into the future.
Photo Collection and Video
NSPE has a new app! The NSPE App houses multiple conference events within one app. You only need to download one app to access an archive of conference events at the palm of your hands.
Download the NSPE App to stay up to date with the latest event news and the full conference schedule.
Explore exciting features to keep you engaged throughout the event, including interactive maps, session and speaker profiles, and much more.
Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn
2019 Professional Engineers Conference: See you in Kansas City, Missouri!
Save the Date! Mark you calendar now and be sure to be there for the 2019 Professional Engineers Conference, July 17–21, 2019 Kansas City Marriott Downtown, Kansas City, Missouri.
2019 Professional Engineers Conference, July 17–21, 2019 Kansas City Marriott Downtown, Kansas City, Missouri