From July 19–23 in Atlanta, Georgia NSPE members enjoyed an exciting week full of exceptional education programs, speakers, and great networking.
Here are the conference highlights...
Education & Training
Just in case you missed a session during the conference, all presentations will be added to the 2017 PE Conference Community within the NSPE Communities!
This year the following courses were approved by The Practicing Institute of Engineering, or PIE, for New York State professional development hours (PDHs):
- Cyber Security for Critical Infrastructures: Challenges and Solutions;
- Discovery of Water Heath Problems in the Flint Water Crisis and Associated Future Ethical Implications;
- Ethics and Engineering
- The Future of Engineering in the Cognitive Computing Era;
- Going Digital: Digital Signatures and Digital Document Delivery;
- Introduction to Microgrids for Commercial and Humanitarian Needs; and,
- Self-Driving Cars: An Examination of Ethical Issues at the Micro and Macro Scale.
Please refer to the conference program for information about 15 PDH opportunities offered over two days during education sessions.
2017 NSPE Award Winners
Congratulations to NSPE's award winners, recognized for their many years of work, service, and dedication to the profession! NSPE's awards include the PEGASUS Award, the PEHE Education Excellence Award, the NSPE's Presidents Award, the NSPE Young Engineer of the Year Award, the NSPE Distinguished Service Award, and the NSPE Award.
Photos have been posted and are available for downloading & sharing when you visit JKlein Photography. If you plan to reproduce the photos anywhere other than personal use, please credit: JKlein Photography.
Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram
Board of Directors, 2017–18
The new 2017–18 Board of Directors has been installed—a talented group to lead NSPE into the future.
2018 Professional Engineers Conference: See you in Las Vegas!
Save the date! Mark you calendar now and be sure to be there for the 2018 Professional Engineers Conference, July 18–22, Las Vegas, at Caesars Palace.