From June 22–26 in Dallas, Texas, NSPE members enjoyed an exciting week to celebrate the profession, innovate, lead and change the world. This year's conference, a partnership between NSPE and Texas Society of Professional Engineers, was a big success with over 500 attendees, more than 30 sessions, and two tours!
Take a look at the highlights...
NSPE National Legislative Update June 2016
Leadership session presented by Arthur Schwartz, CAE, deputy executive director and general counsel of the National Society of Professional Engineers, on why national-state government relations are critical in protecting the interests of licensed professional engineers. Published by New York State Society of Professional Engineers at the PE Conference.
Education & Training
Just in case you missed a session during the conference, all presentations have been added to the 2016 PE Conference Community within the NSPE Communities!
This year the following courses were approved by The Practicing Institute of Engineering, or PIE, for New York State professional development hours (PDHs):
- Weathering the Storm;
- Solving the Water Shortage;
- The Pending Robot Revolution;
- Real and Perceived Concerns About Hydraulic Fracturing;
- Designing the Dallas Cowboys' Home: A Structural Perspective
- Implementing the New Coal Combustion Rule: Compliance vs. the Professional Standard of Care;
- Autonomous Vehicles: A Hype-Free Discussion;
- When Ethics Are Ignored: Lessons from Forensic Engineers;
- Ethics of Autonomous Vechicles: Who's in the Driver's Seat?
- The Future of Manufacturing; and,
- Engineering and Ethics: Avoiding the "Gray Zone".
Please refer to the conference program for information about 15 PDH opportunities offered over two days during sessions and tours.
PDH Claimer for Conference Attendees!
Claiming your PDHs is easy when you use the PDH Claimer! There are two ways to access the PDH Claimer to verify courses you attended and print/download your certifcates:
- From the PE Conference App, just click on the PDH Claimer to get started.
- From any computer, access the PDH Claimer over the Internet. You will be prompted to log in using your NSPE login credentials.
NSPE's New Logo
NSPE unveiled a new logo at the Big Texas Welcome Reception!
2016 NSPE Award Winners
Congratulations to NSPE's award winners, recognized for their many years of work, service, and dedication to the profession! NSPE's awards include the PEGASUS Award, the PEHE Education Excellence Award, the NSPE's Presidents Award, the NSPE Young Engineer of the Year Award, the NSPE Distinguished Service Award, and the NSPE Award.
Photos have been posted and are available for downloading & sharing when you visit NSPE's Flickr Album.
Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram
Read the conversation about all the great happenings at this year’s 2016 Professional Engineers Conference on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. If you're new to social media or you're not sure how to use #NSPETX16, download our social media flyer for basic instructions on using the conference hashtag!
Board of Directors, 2016–17
The new 2016–17 Board of Directors has been installed—a talented group to lead NSPE into the future.
2017 Professional Engineers Conference: See you in Atlanta!
Save the date! Mark you calendar now and be sure to be there for the 2017 Professional Engineers Conference, July 19–23, Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Atlanta.