The William R. Kimel, P.E., Engineering Scholarship is awarded annually to an undergraduate student who is a resident of either Kansas or Missouri, enrolled as a junior in an ABET-accredited engineering program in a college or university in either Kansas or Missouri.
The value of the scholarship is $2500 and is awarded in one disbursement at the beginning of the senior year.
Applicant must be:
- A permanent resident of Kansas or Missouri
- An undergraduate in the junior year
- Enrolled in an ABET-accredited engineering program at a college or university in either Kansas or Missouri
- A U.S. citizen
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Grade point average
- Internship/co-op experience and involvement in other activities
- Two faculty recommendation(s)
- Honors/scholarships/awards beginning in high school senior year
- A 500 word (maximum) essay on "My Engineering Career Goals & Aspirations to Achieve Them"
Required Application Materials
Applications must include the following:
- A completed application
- A transcript
- A resume or summary of internship/co-op experience(s) and involvement in other activities
- Recommendations from two faculty members who have taught the applicant
- A 500-word (maximum) essay on "My Engineering Career Goals & Aspirations to Achieve Them"
- The scholarship award will be disbursed to the recipient's school in one installment for the Fall semester.
- The NSPE Educational Foundation William R. Kimel, PE Engineering Scholarship winner will forfeit receipt of the scholarship award if the recipient does not complete the engineering program in two consecutive years.