The Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee (EJCDC) develops and updates fair and objective standard documents that represent the latest and best thinking in contractual relations between all parties involved in engineering design and construction projects. The committee is made up of NSPE's Professional Engineers in Private Practice, the American Counsel of Engineering Companies, and the American Society of Civil Engineers and involves the participation of more than 15 other professional engineering design, construction, owner, legal, and risk management organizations.
Do you have questions? Read our FAQ.
2014 edition of E-570
The Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee has released the 2014 edition of E-570, the Agreement Between Engineer and Consultant for Professional Services.
The update was completed with an eye to last year’s revision of EJCDC’s construction documents, the C-series. The document sets the terms for delegating to a consultant a portion of services as specified in a prime engineering agreement, like E-500, the Agreement Between Owner and Engineer for Professional Services. The scope allows for both engineering as well as related services, including landscape architecture.
Rural Utilities Service's EJCDC Policy
Contract Document Categories
- Contract Document Sets
- Environmental Remediation
- Other Documents, Commentaries, and Guides
Other EJCDC Resources
- Recent Court Decisions Relevant to Contract Documents (Updated, June 6, 2014: PDF)
- Significant Legal and Legislative Actions (PDF)
- EJCDC Instructions for Use and License Agreement (PDF)
The New AIA and ConsensusDOCS
Beware the Differences: The Professional Services Agreements (PDF)
Beware the Differences: The Construction Agreements (PDF)
Benefits of EJCDC Contracts
Each EJCDC contract document is prepared by experienced engineering design and construction professionals, owners, contractors, professional liability and risk management experts, and legal counsel.
- Created and peer-reviewed by experienced industry experts
- Reduced conflict and litigation
- Balanced and fair provisions
- User-friendly and easily customizable
EJCDC Educational Webinars
- EJCDC Construction Contract Documents: Key Clauses and New Approaches (1 PDH)
- Comparing Contract Documents: EJCDC, ConsensusDocs, and AIA