The Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee (EJCDC) develops and updates fair and objective standard documents that represent the latest and best thinking in contractual relations between all parties involved in engineering design and construction projects. The committee is made up of NSPE's Professional Engineers in Private Practice, the American Counsel of Engineering Companies, and the American Society of Civil Engineers and involves the participation of more than 15 other professional engineering design, construction, owner, legal, and risk management organizations.
Do you have questions? Read our FAQ.
Three New 2013 EJCDC Construction Documents
Time to Cool Heads on Construction Claims
Building a More Harmonious Construction Site
Contract Document Categories
- Contract Document Sets
- Environmental Remediation
- Other Documents, Commentaries, and Guides
Other EJCDC Resources
- Recent Court Decisions Relevant to Contract Documents (PDF)
- Significant Legal and Legislative Actions (PDF)
- EJCDC Instructions for Use and License Agreement (PDF)
The New AIA and ConsensusDOCS
Beware the Differences: The Professional Services Agreements (PDF)
Beware the Differences: The Construction Agreements (PDF)
Benefits of EJCDC Contracts
Each EJCDC contract document is prepared by experienced engineering design and construction professionals, owners, contractors, professional liability and risk management experts, and legal counsel.
- Created and peer-reviewed by experienced industry experts
- Reduced conflict and litigation
- Balanced and fair provisions
- User-friendly and easily customizable