- Troy Johnson, P.E., has been named vice president of business development for Glacier Services Inc., an oil and gas firm in Alaska that specializes in automation solutions and services. Johnson has more than 20 years of experience in engineering consulting, and has previously served as president of Doyon Emerald and CEO of Aleut Corp.
- WHPacific Inc., a multidiscipline firm specializing in transportation, water, and many other areas, has appointed L. Michael Burns, P.E., to vice president of energy. In this new position, Burns will work on the company’s expanding energy services, including oil and gas, mining, and renewables. He has over 40 years experience, including one notable project which saw management of a 30-inch natural gas transmission line from Wyoming to Southern California.
- Adam Lysiak, P.E., recently earned his PE licensed from New York in the field of electrical engineering. He has over five years of experience with electrical engineering design on education and health care projects. Lysiak focuses on power supply, lighting, fire alarm, and special systems. He earned a bachelor’s of electrical engineering from the State University of New York.
- Sathish Anabathula, P.E., has been promoted to associate director for energy and utilities at the University of Virginia. He has worked as a senior electrical engineer for the university since January 2010 after a previous position as a staff electrical engineer for Louisiana State University. Anabathula has a master’s in electrical engineering from Louisiana Tech and an MBA from Louisiana State University in Shreveport.
- James Purcell, P.E., recently began his term as the northeast zone vice president for the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying. In this position, he will serve on the NCEES board of directors through 2015. Purcell has been a member of the New Jersey State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors since 2005 and is the current board president. He is the technical director of the New Jersey Asphalt Pavement Association.
- The American Public Works Association recently gave its Presidential Leadership Award for 2013 to Larry Frevert, P.E. The award is given at the discretion of the APWA president to a member who has demonstrated distinguished leadership in the public works profession. A former APWA president himself, Frevert was also named a Top 10 Public Works Leader in 2010.
- John Polka Jr., P.E., has been promoted to assistant vice president of the National Fuel Gas Distribution Corp., part of the National Fuel Gas Co. Polka has worked in various departments in the company since 1978, most recently in the gas supply administration department where he became general manager in 2002. He holds a bachelor’s in civil engineering from the State University of New York.