NSPE and Rep. Lipinski Recognize National Engineers Week

The National Society of Professional Engineers recently played a lead role in drafting the 2014 National Engineers Week Resolution, which was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives by Representative Daniel Lipinski (IL-3) on February 11. The bipartisan resolution, H. Res 483, supports the goals and ideals of Engineers Week, which is being celebrated February 16-22. "This week is about building a foundation for the students," stated Lipinski. "They meet an engineer-maybe for the first time-and learn about the profession through hands-on activities and demonstrations, hopefully opening their minds to eventually considering engineering as a possible career choice." Recent studies have shown that while only 4 percent of the nation's workforce is composed of scientists and engineers, this group disproportionately creates jobs for the other 96 percent. Read the press release.

Workbench Section: 
Date: 
Tuesday, February 11, 2014