DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION
The Paul H. Robbins, P.E., Honorary Scholarship is awarded annually to a current engineering undergraduate student entering the junior year in an ABET-accredited engineering program.
The scholarship is awarded in one disbursement of $5,000 at the beginning of the junior year. Applications are available at http://www.nspe.org/Education/awardsandscholarships.html.
- Eligibility Requirements
Applicant must be an NSPE Member/Student Member who is:
- Enrolled in a four-year ABET-accredited engineering program;
- Entering the junior year of the program;
- A U.S. citizen
Applications will be evaluated based on:
Required Application Materials
- Grade point average
- Internship/co-op experience and involvement in other activities
- Two faculty recommendation(s)
- Honors/scholarships/awards beginning in high school senior year
- A 500 word (maximum) essay on your "Engineering Career Goals & Aspirations to Achieve Them"
Applications must include the following:
- A completed application form with the NSPE Student Member number;
- A transcript, to date;
- A resume or summary of internship/co-op experience(s) and involvement in other activities;
- Recommendations from two faculty members who have taught the applicant ;
- A 500-word (maximum) essay on your "Engineering Career Goals & Aspirations to Achieve Them."
- The deadline for scholarship submissions is March 1.
- The scholarship award will be disbursed to the recipient's school in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester of the junior year.
- Upon completion of the degree, the winner will be asked to submit to the NSPE Educational Foundation Trustees a report on the value of the NSPE support and their objectives regarding professional development, ethical practice, and licensure.
- The NSPE Educational Foundation Paul H. Robbins, PE Honorary Scholarship winner will forfeit receipt of the scholarship award if the recipient does not complete the year as agreed.