DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION | SCHOLARSHIP BROCHURE
The Maureen L. and Howard N. Blitman, P.E., Scholarship to Promote Diversity in Engineering is awarded annually to a high school senior from an ethnic minority who has been accepted into an ABET-accredited engineering program at a four-year college or university.
The scholarship is awarded in two disbursements of $2,500 each at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters of the freshman year.
- Eligibility Requirements
Applicant must be a high school senior who:
ABET-accredited engineering program at a four-year college or university, and
- is a member of an underrepresented ethnic minority in the field of engineering: African-American, Hispanic, or Native American,
- has been accepted into an
- is a U.S. citizen.
- Evaluation Criteria
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- grade point average
- internship/co-op experience and community involvement,
- two faculty recommendations,
- honors/scholarships/awards, and
- answers to the four questions on the application.
- Required Application Materials
Applications must include the following:
- a completed application,
- a complete transcript of the high school grades,
- SAT and/or ACT scores,
- a resume or summary of internship/co-op experience(s) and involvement in other activities, and
- recommendation letters from two faculty members who have taught the applicant. Letters of recommendation and copies of transcripts may be in separate envelopes but we highly recommend that they accompany the application.
- Applications must be received at NSPE by March 1.
- The scholarship will be awarded in two disbursements of $2,500 each at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters of the freshman year. The award will be credited to the student's account through the school's Office of Financial Aid.
- Upon completion of the degree, the winner will be required to submit to the NSPE Educational Foundation Trustees a report on the value of the NSPE support and their objectives regarding professional development, ethical practice, and licensure.
- The recipient of the NSPE Educational Foundation Maureen L. and Howard N. Blitman, P.E., Scholarship to Promote Diversity in Engineering will forfeit the award should the recipient drop or transfer from the ABET-accredited engineering program in which they are enrolled.